Blog image

[RC] v1.7.1 Features Summary!

Recently released v1.7.1 RC with several features and bug fixes.

GIT Support

GIT version control system support for CyberPanel website, for more details, check here: [v1.7-dev] Attach Git to your CyberPanel sites!

Enable/Disable Certain Services

v1.7.1 onwards we now have options to disable certain services, for more details check here: Manage Services

Minor Improvements and Bug fixes!

1. Improved website and domain creation process.
  2. Delete backups from server when they are successfully sent to remote servers.
  3. French language support.

Testing the Release Candidate!

To test this version, you can install using:

sh <(curl https://mirror.cyberpanel.net/install-test.sh || wget -O - https://mirror.cyberpanel.net/install-test.sh)

Upgrading from v1.7.0 to this branch:

virtualenv --system-site-packages /usr/local/CyberCP
systemctl restart gunicorn.socket
rm -rf lscp/cyberpanel/static
mv CyberCP/static lscp/cyberpanel/

Author's page
usmannasir

Comments

• Magno R. Vasquez August 2, 2018 at 7:03 pm

Excellent! 🙂

• William Sagoe August 2, 2018 at 9:29 pm

Moving on so fast! I am not complaining…Where can I suggest a feature?

• szkuta August 3, 2018 at 1:50 pm

Very good webhosting panel but there is a lot of work to make it better in future

• William Sagoe August 3, 2018 at 4:31 pm

I really don’t get it…I switched from VestaCP to CyberPanel about a month ago and I have been tremendously satisfied with it. I run over 40 WordPress websites and emails on a single installation without much issues so far. Yes, it may have a few rough edges here and there but Usman’s support has been nothing but amazing! He’s working really hard to make this platform the best! He’s relentless…working day and night to make it better. Lets show some love guys!

• szkuta August 3, 2018 at 5:01 pm

yes i like the webpanel really hard and there is so much respect to him
    wonderful work! thank you for everything!

• ScottProck August 8, 2018 at 3:56 am

Absolutely LOVE CyberPanel, THANK YOU!!

I had a couple of areas in the upgrade from 1.7 I thought I would mention.

virtualenv –system-site-packages /usr/local/CyberCP

after issuing the above command (the first time) I was asked if I wanted to overwrite, I guessed it was a Y (this may be obvious to seasoned developers, but I’m just shy of dangerous and can mess things up REAL fast)

Then after the second time I entered it (next to last command) I got this …

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File “/usr/bin/virtualenv”, line 11, in
    sys.exit(main())
    File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/virtualenv.py”, line 712, in main
    symlink=options.symlink)
    File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/virtualenv.py”, line 927, in create_environment
    site_packages=site_packages, clear=clear, symlink=symlink))
    File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/virtualenv.py”, line 1233, in install_python
    shutil.copyfile(executable, py_executable)
    File “/usr/lib64/python2.7/shutil.py”, line 83, in copyfile
    with open(dst, ‘wb’) as fdst:
    IOError: [Errno 26] Text file busy: ‘/usr/local/CyberCP/bin/python2’

I’m not sure how this effected the upgrade, but everything seems to be running as it should be. I see there was a “Manage Services” link added to the server section of the admin console. However, when I open the link to “Version Management” it still shows as version 1.7

Hope this helps in some way 😉 … Scott

• usmannasir August 8, 2018 at 10:02 am

This is an RC version, I hope you did not applied this upgrade on your production system, if everything is running fine then you are good to go.

• Patrick Oliveira August 10, 2018 at 3:15 am

when updating, with me also error.

• usmannasir August 10, 2018 at 11:15 am

Did you run deactivate

• Patrick Oliveira August 10, 2018 at 4:15 pm

Yes, but it’s still bugged

• usmannasir August 10, 2018 at 5:43 pm

Made some changes to upgrade commands, however I addressed your issue via ticket.

• Patrick Oliveira August 15, 2018 at 2:14 am

I’m doing update on another server, but this new code is also giving errors

• crasdtgtk166 August 16, 2018 at 1:43 pm

O módulo do CyberPanel para whmcs não funciona nessa nova versão