Dated: 16th July, 2019
In between we also released v1.8.6, it was an emergency security release, thus this change log covers it.
- Bug fixes to cPanel Importer.
- Other bug fixes that were introduced because of emergency security release v1.8.6
v1.8.6 and v1.8.7 have many security enhancements. For all end user operations CyberPanel now use run-as user (the website user) to perform those operations. Special CyberPanel -> LSCPD connection is used for security communication for different sort of user elevation and to drop priviliges when necessary. Authentication token is used for communication to prevent un-athorized access to the command socket.
This will be our first security release in our 2-stage security release model. Everyone must update your servers to v1.8.7 as soon as possible.
Special thanks to rack911labs.com, for doing a security audit and help us find/fix the issues.
Dated: 3rd July, 2019
- PowerDNS Master/Slave Replication.
- Ability to choose required components during installation (If you don’t choose to install Postfix, it will not be installed at all and removed from CyberPanel interface), more details here.
- Auto import cPanel backups to CyberPanel.
- Fixed the API Access Disabled issue with WHMCS, more details here.
- Fixed the Remote Backup Storage Issue.
Dated: 7th June, 2019
- Allow Child Domains to create email accounts.
- Delete backups after they are sent to S3, DO or Minio Storage.
- Containerization via our partner.
Dated: 9th May, 2019
- Bug fix to remote backups.
- Bug fix to File Manager while fixing permissions.
- Bug fix to ModSecurity.
v1.8.2 Stable (Security Release)
Dated: 2nd April, 2019
Details about the security patch can be found in our news section.
- Search through websites.
- Random Password Generator.
- Rewrite Templates on top of Rewrite Rules Box.
- Enable/Disable API Access.
- Major bug fixes to Backup Engine (Remote and Scheduled Backups).
- Bug fix, that now allow git private repos to be attached.
Dated: 6th February, 2019
- Design Overhaul.
- Volume Mapping in Docker Manager.
- Bug fix to automatic S3 Backups from Platform.
- Bug fix to Rainloop/PHPMyAdmin when Docker is running (Ref)
Dated: 25th January, 2019
- Containerization (Website Limits).
- Docker Manager.
- MINIO Backups.
- Set custom password during installation.
- MYSQL Optimizer ported to Ubuntu.
- Bug fix to AWS S3 Backups.
- Bug fix to Email Marketing.
Dated: 8th January, 2019
- Bug fix for Mod Security Rules Packs.
Dated: 26 December, 2018
- Automated Backups to DigitalOcean Spaces.
- Top Processes Page on platform.
- Issue Self-signed SSL from CLI.
- PHP 7.3 support.
- Ioncube loaders added to PHP Extensions installation.
- Bug fix for large files to AWS S3.
- Bug fix to CSF.
Dated: 14 December, 2018
- Bug fix to Backup Engine.
- Bug fix to SSH Keys.
- Improvements to upgrade process.
Dated: 23 November, 2018
- [Beta] CyberPanel for Ubuntu 18.04 and 18.10.
- Ability to switch from OpenLiteSpeed to LiteSpeed Enterprise Web Server.
- [Beta] Launch of CyberPanel on Cloud.
- Bug fix to tuning for LiteSpeed Enterprise.
- Bug fixes to SSL Engine (Drop certbot support).
- Bug fixes to Email Marketing Tool.
- Bug fix to Git.
Dated: 23 October, 2018
- Bug fix to SSL Engine.
Dated: 1st October, 2018
- Adjust niceness value for Backup/Restore process.
- Bug fix in SSL Engine.