Writing blog posts is a great way to attract more traffic to your website.
However, sometimes it can be challenging to come up with new and interesting topics that will engage your audience and drive new visitors to your content.
Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
This article will discuss 12 types of blog posts that can help you increase your online exposure.
- How-To Guides
- Case Studies
- Guest Posts
- Round-Up Posts
- Personal Stories
Listicles are articles that present information in the form of a list. They are easy to read and digest, making them a popular choice among readers.
Get exclusive access to all things tech-savvy, and be the first to receive
the latest updates directly in your inbox.
You can create lists about anything you think your audience will find interesting, such as “Top 10 Tips for Traveling on a Budget” or “5 Must-Try Recipes for Summer BBQs.”
Make sure to include catchy titles and engaging images to make your listicles stand out.
Also, you may want to follow these suggestions:
- Use odd numbers in your list (i.e., 7 instead of 6) to grab readers’ attention.
- Keep your points concise and easy to understand.
- Add personal experiences or anecdotes to make the list more relatable.
Here’s an example:
I like it because this article lists the best free SEO Chrome extensions that people can use to monitor different metrics, together with ways to improve your website’s search engine ranking.
People love to read reviews before making a purchase or trying out a product.
Writing detailed and honest points of view about products or services in your niche can be an effective way to attract new readers.
Not only will you provide valuable information, but businesses may also share your content on their platforms, giving you more exposure.
Here are some tips for writing great reviews:
- Use the product or service yourself before writing a review.
- Be objective and honest in your evaluation.
- Include both positives and negatives to give a balanced opinion.
I like it because this Take Profit Trader review is a detailed and honest review. The author not only explains the features but also provides the pros and cons of using this service.
3. How-To Guides
How-to guides are valuable resources for readers looking to learn new skills or solve a problem.
They are also great for attracting traffic through search engines, as people often search for specific instructions or solutions.
When writing a how-to guide, keep these tips in mind:
- Choose a topic that’s relevant to your niche and audience.
- Use clear, concise language and step-by-step instructions.
- Include visuals or videos to make the guide more engaging.
Here’s an example:
I like it because this guide about how to optimize your website for search engines with the help of a plugin is easy to understand and includes helpful visuals.
Interviews are a great way to add variety to your blog and showcase different perspectives.
You can interview experts, influencers, or even your own audience to share valuable insights with your readers.
When conducting an interview, remember:
- Prepare thoughtful questions that will provide unique insights.
- Record or transcribe the interview for accuracy.
- Promote the interviewee’s work and encourage them to share the post on their platforms.
I like it because this interview with Michel Lent, a marketing advisor, provides valuable insights into the future of marketing in a post-pandemic world.
5. Case Studies
Case studies are real-life examples that demonstrate your expertise and results.
They can be powerful tools for attracting new clients or customers by showcasing the success you’ve achieved for others.
When creating a case study:
- Use clear and concise language to explain the problem, solution, and results.
- Include data or statistics to support your claims.
- Use visuals or charts to make the case study more visually appealing.
I like it because this case study by Backlinko shows the results they achieved by using the “skyscraper technique” in their content marketing strategy and increased the organic traffic by 652%.
Infographics are visual representations of information or data.
They are highly shareable and can attract traffic from social media platforms.
When creating an infographic:
- Use eye-catching visuals and colors to make it visually appealing.
- Keep the text short and concise to make it easy to read.
- Include your website or brand’s logo for recognition.
I like it because this infographic provides helpful tips for planning your website design in an easy-to-understand way.
7. Guest Posts
Guest posts are articles written by someone other than the blog owner.
They can help attract new readers from the guest writer’s audience and bring fresh perspectives to your blog.
When accepting guest posts:
- Choose writers who share a similar audience and expertise as your blog.
- Set guidelines for the content and ensure it aligns with your blog’s tone.
- Promote the guest writer and their work to help them reach a new audience.
Here’s an example:
I like it because this guest post provides insights into the future of visual communication and how it will impact businesses, showing examples of the top graphic design trends for 2024.
8. Round-Up Posts
Round-up posts are compilations of expert opinions or advice on a specific topic.
They are great for attracting traffic from the experts’ audiences and providing valuable information to your readers.
When creating a round-up post:
- Choose a relevant and timely topic that will interest your audience.
- Reach out to experts in your niche and ask for their contribution.
- Give credit and link back to the experts’ websites to show appreciation.
I like it because this round-up post features insights from different experts, providing a comprehensive guide on ways to make money online. The author also includes links to each expert’s website, giving them credit for their contributions.
9. Personal Stories
Personal stories are unique and relatable experiences that can resonate with your audience.
They can also help build a personal connection between you and your readers.
When sharing personal stories:
- Be genuine and authentic in your writing.
- Focus on the lessons learned from the experience to provide value to your readers.
- Encourage engagement by asking for your audience’s own experiences in the comments.
I like it because this personal story by Lewis Schiff shares how his family’s generations of military service inspired him to start a business, providing valuable insights and lessons for entrepreneurs.
Newsjacking is the act of using current events or news to create relevant content for your blog.
It can help attract attention and drive traffic to your blog.
When using newsjacking:
- Choose news that is relevant to your audience and niche.
- Provide a unique perspective or add value to the conversation.
- Be mindful of the tone and sensitivity of the news.
I like it because this blog post uses the trending news of Twitter’s CEO Elon Musk to discuss the impact of social media on businesses and provide tips for managing online presence. Overall, there are many types of blog posts that can attract more traffic to your website.
Podcasts are a popular form of audio content that can attract new listeners and promote your brand.
They are a great way to share valuable information, discuss relevant topics, and connect with your audience.
When creating a podcast:
- Choose a format or theme for your podcast to keep it consistent.
- Invite guests who have expertise or insights on the topic you’re discussing.
- Promote your podcast on different platforms to reach a larger audience.
I like it because this podcast by Authority Hacker discusses different strategies for growing a successful authority site, featuring interviews with experts and providing valuable insights for listeners.
Checklists are helpful tools for providing actionable steps or tips on a specific topic.
They can also be used as lead magnets to attract email subscribers.
When creating a checklist:
- Keep it simple and organized, using bullet points or numbered lists.
- Make sure the items are relevant and provide value to your audience.
- Offer additional resources or links for further information.
I like it because this checklist by Ahrefs provides a step-by-step guide for optimizing a website for SEO, with links to additional resources and tools for each item on the list.
There are many types of blog posts that can attract more traffic to your website, each with its unique benefits.
By incorporating a variety of these post types into your content strategy, you can keep your audience engaged and attract new readers from different sources.
Remember to always provide valuable and relevant information, use eye-catching visuals, and promote your content on different platforms to reach a larger audience.
Experiment with different types of blog posts and see which ones resonate best with your audience, and continue to create high-quality content that will keep them coming back for more.